The 2017 Ellen Gowen Hood Shield Invitational will be held on Tuesday, October 17th at the Philadelphia of information related to the event:
- The field will be comprised of 18 teams of 4. The best 3 of 4 scores will count towards the team score. Players will be paired with players from other clubs.
- Participants must have a handicap index of 15.5 or lower (use the September 1st revision).
- Each club is permitted to enter one team.
- Entries will open on Friday, September 15th at 7am. All entries must be done via the online signup form. The link to the form is below and entry requires fully completing all fields so please preview the form in advance so you have the information necessary to enter.
- Entries will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and will be time-stamped. Once the field is full a waitlist will be established. Each captain will be contacted within 24 hours with a confirming email with your entry position. It is recommended that you enter on Friday, September 15th.
- Entry to the event is $30++ per person – this fee is to cover F&B during your visit. The entry fee will be billed to all entrants via a chargeback to your member number at your club in advance of the event.
- Wissahickon is a walking-only golf course. The caddie fee for the day is $75 and includes tip and will need to be paid in cash directly to the caddie. Players 65+ are eligible to take a cart – in such circumstances the player will still be assigned a caddie and charged the caddie fee, but no cart fee will be billed.
We are looking forward to your having a great day on our A.W. Tillinghast designed course and are at your service should you need anything. If you have any questions please contact the Chair of the event, Becky Sanderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Smith Jr. PGA Director of Golf
The Philadelphia Cricket Club