We’re excited to announce that we’ve moved this event back to spring! This year’s Ellen Gowen Hood Shield Invitational will be held on Thursday, May 9th at the Philadelphia Cricket Club’s Wissahickon course. Play will commence at 9am via a shotgun and below are a few added bits of information related to the event:
- The field will be comprised of 18 teams of 4. Teams are from the same club. The best 3 of 4 scores will count towards the team score.
- Participants must have a handicap index of 15.5 or lower (use the April 1st revision).
- Each club is permitted to enter one team.
- A team needs to consist of members of from the same club.
- Entries will open on Friday, April 12th at 7am. All entries must be done via the online signup form. The link to the form is below at will be activated on the day of sign ups. Entry requires fully completing all fields – name, GHIN, and member number for every player. To preview the form in advance, please reach out to Becky Sanderson (email below) for a PDF attachment. Below is the link. Is it not currently active and will become active at 7 AM on April 12.
2019 EGHS Form
- Entries will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and will be time-stamped. Once the field is full a waitlist will be established. Each captain will be contacted within 24 hours with a confirming email with your entry position. It is recommended that you enter on Friday, April 12th.
- Entry to the event is $35++ per person – this fee is to cover F&B during your visit, including lunch. The entry fee will be billed to all entrants via a chargeback to your member number at your club in advance of the event.
- Wissahickon is a walking-only golf course. The caddie fee for the day is $80 and includes tip and will need to be paid in cash directly to the caddie. Players 65+ are eligible to take a cart – in such circumstances the player will still be assigned a caddie and charged the caddie fee, but no cart fee will be billed.
We are looking forward to your having a great day on our A.W. Tillinghast designed course and are at your service should you need anything. If you have any questions please contact the Chair of the event, Becky Sanderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.